Grant Post May 2, 2018
Michigan Invasive Species Grant Program (MISGP)
The Departments of Natural Resources, Environmental Quality and Agriculture and Rural Development work together to address strategic issues of prevention, detection, eradication, and control for both terrestrial and aquatic invasive species in Michigan.
Projects must support the overalls goals of the MISGP:
• Prevent new invasive species introductions.
• Strengthen statewide invasive species early detection and response network.
• Limit the dispersal of recently confirmed invasive species.
• Manage and control widespread, long-established invasive species.
• Local, state*, federal or tribal units of government
• Non-profit organizations
*State agencies should contact the MISGP contact prior to preparing an application.
The minimum grant amount is $25,000 with maximum grant amounts between $60,000 and $400,000 depending on the type of project.